This event includes an option for visitors to stay overnight in the campground at Métis Crossing.
Voyageur Days Activities:
* Camping at Métis Crossing – Friday and Saturday night
* Earn your Voyageur Certificate while paddling a 25 foot North Voyageur Canoe
* Listen to Métis Elders tell stories to help you connect with the Métis culture
* Try the Red River Jig or Square Dance to the sounds of “Rockin Fiddle”
* Complete several rows on the woven “Infinity Sash” using a historic weaving loom
* Participate in fun fur trade activities at Victoria Settlement Provincial Historic Site
* Chow down on Bison Bannock Burger’s…or dogs
* Try your skill in Voyageur games
* Test your throwing accuracy in the horseshoe tournament
For those who are coming to participate in the overall Voyageur Days event there will be an event fee that will contribute to paying for the live entertainment and event support services at Metis Crossing. There are packaged prices with or without camping.
* Victoria Trail Voyageur Experience (Saturday and Sunday)
~ Explore Metis culture at Métis Crossing, travel by Voyageur Canoe down the North Saskatchewan River to Fort Victoria and delve into the lives of those who once called Victoria Settlement home. Trained guides will facilitate this 5-hour immersive experience. ($30.00 for adults and $15.00 for youth)
* North Voyageur Canoe Trip (Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday)
~ Led by qualified canoe guides, paddle in an authentic 25 foot North Voyageur Canoe down the North Saskatchewan. This 1.5-hour canoe experience builds upon Voyageur life where they transported furs and supplies along Canada’s historic fur trade routes. ($10.00 for adults and $5.00 for youth)
* Fort Victoria Fur Trader Experience (Saturday and Sunday)
~ Paddle in a North Voyageur Canoe and experience how fur traders spent their summers travelling along Canadian rivers. Land ashore at Fort Victoria and step back into the 1860’s. This 3-hour experience led by costumed guides will connect you with Victoria Settlement that grew out of the fur trade. ($20 for adults and $10.00 for youth)
*Camping @ Metis Crossing (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
~ RV Camping with power $25 per unit, RV Camping without power $20 per unit, and tenting $17 per tent
All inclusive packages:
Family Camp, Canoe, and Dance – $85
~Includes: One night of RV camping with power, Voyageur Days event admission for 2 adults and 2 youth, and North Voyageur Canoe Trip.
Fur Trader Weekend Package – $94
~Includes: Two nights of tent camping, Voyageur Days event admission for 2 adults, and Fort Victoria Fur Trade Experience with a North Canoe Trip.
Family Inclusive Voyageur Weekend Package – $200
~Includes: Two nights of RV camping with power, Voyageur Days event admission for 2 adults and 2 youth, Friday evening North Canoe Trip, and Victoria Trail Voyageur Experience
For advanced registration please contact Métis Crossing at 780-656-2229
For more information about our partners visit:
Photos courtesy Haskin Canoe.
Photos Courtesy Duncan Daniels